What's new

RT-AX88U Slow WAN speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kenc1103

Occasional Visitor
I have Xfinity 1Gb internet. Speed test from Asus app shows less than 500Mbps down with AiProtection and QoS disabled. HW acceleration is enabled. WAN Aggregation is enabled. I have seen people here with RT-AX68 or RT-AX88U got speedtest result close to 1Gb from their Asus app. Do I have a hardware issue? How do I check the hardware version on my RT-AX88U?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 2.19.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 2.19.33 PM.png
    477 KB · Views: 311
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 2.21.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 2.21.28 PM.png
    139 KB · Views: 344
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 2.25.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 2.25.32 PM.png
    431.9 KB · Views: 359
I would be surprised if there was something wrong. Not many sites can push more than 500 Mbps and the ones that can only do so at like 5 AM. It is CPU intensive to be the receiver of this much bandwidth, less so to pass through. I have a Comcast 800 Mbps plan but have never seen anywhere near that kind of download throughput. There is no practical consequence to that, though. I have FlexQoS enabled and max out between 350 to 450 Mbps from dslreports/speedtest, but I cannot tell if the the router CPU is the limitation or the speedtest site. I am happy with FlexQoS because I get A ratings for bufferbloat. Using a laptop with a fast CPU as an iPerf server, I get 600/400 over Wifi from my Apple devices, so WiFi is not a limitation. Just now I ran an Xfinity speedtest from the Ethernet connected laptop and got 586.6 Mbps/12.8 Mbps. I have never got much more than 350 Mbps from the router's speedtest. I don't see how AiProtection could impact bandwidth. By the way, FlexQoS needs AiProtection for it's categorization database.

I would be surprised if there was something wrong. Not many sites can push more than 500 Mbps and the ones that can only do so at like 5 AM. It is CPU intensive to be the receiver of this much bandwidth, less so to pass through. I have a Comcast 800 Mbps plan but have never seen anywhere near that kind of download throughput. There is no practical consequence to that, though. I have FlexQoS enabled and max out between 350 to 450 Mbps from dslreports/speedtest, but I cannot tell if the the router CPU is the limitation or the speedtest site. I am happy with FlexQoS because I get A ratings for bufferbloat. Using a laptop with a fast CPU as an iPerf server, I get 600/400 over Wifi from my Apple devices, so WiFi is not a limitation. Just now I ran an Xfinity speedtest from the Ethernet connected laptop and got 586.6 Mbps/12.8 Mbps. I have never got much more than 350 Mbps from the router's speedtest. I don't see how AiProtection could impact bandwidth. By the way, FlexQoS needs AiProtection for it's categorization database.
It doesn't aeffect bandwidth. It affects the number of cpu cores used when AiProtection.

I get over 950/40 on my Xfinity 1GB Connect with a wired laptop. 430ish on router when AiP enabled

It doesn't aeffect bandwidth. It affects the number of cpu cores used when AiProtection.

I get over 950/40 on my Xfinity 1GB Connect with a wired laptop. 430ish on router when AiP enabled
I got 940/40 when hard wired with AiProtection enabled. What speed do you get on WiFi?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!