What's new

RT-AX88U VPN Roku issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

usamario

Regular Contributor
Hi
I have a RT-AX88U running 388.1 Merlin firmware. I used OpenVPN and not able to watch Netflix or Hulu in Roku, I am looking for a solution.
I searched for a guide here but could not find one. That does not mean there isn't one.
I have SurfShark and have contacted them, have not heard from them yet.
I tried Wireguard but my IP can still be seen.
I am retired, with little Network experience and would appreciate any help.
Thank You
Mario

I used OpenVPN and not able to watch Netflix or Hulu in Roku,
Are you saying that the problem is because the Roku is going through the router's VPN client? If it is, then create a VPN Director rule that sends the Roku traffic through the WAN interface instead.

Thank you for your reply
I had seen the VPN Director before but I didn't know what was the purpose.
Thank You
Mario

Your using a VPN so your ip address does not match you country or region. Simply Netflix and Hulu are region locked so it locks you out. Don't use a vpn for streaming and it should work just fine again.

Your using a VPN so your ip address does not match you country or region. Simply Netflix and Hulu are region locked so it locks you out. Don't use a vpn for streaming and it should work just fine again.
Thank you for your reply
Mario