What's new

RT-AX88U wifi woes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stretch

Occasional Visitor
I have an AX88U running merlin 386.3_2 and having 2 issues

1, Wifi will randomly drop out for some devices both on 2.4 and 5Ghz
2, After a router reboot my laptop will connect to 5Ghz and will do and internal and external speedtest of 220mbit/s after about 12 hours the same device throughput drops to around 110mbit/s and will stay there until the router is rebooted.

Here are my current wifi settings and hoping someone could point out what might be cause the issue. I had a previous asus ac66u router and had identical issues and thought it was the router itself but now it seems more like a software/config problem. I'm hoping it's a quick fix otherwise I will have to ditch asus/merlin as even though it has great features wifi has always been an issue for me.
merlin3.jpg
merlin1.jpg
merlin2.jpg

Try setting control channel manually above 149 or lower 48 and see if it helps. Your throughput might be reduced because of dfs channel. Also select channel manually for 2.4 ghz and see if samething happens again.

Try setting control channel manually above 149 or lower 48 and see if it helps. Your throughput might be reduced because of dfs channel. Also select channel manually for 2.4 ghz and see if samething happens again.

Thanks but didn't make any difference for me. I had the same issue with my RT-AC68U and had enough now so think I will ditch asus/merlin

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!