Release RT-AX92U - New Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_45934

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

AndyB21

New Around Here
I'll wait until Thanksgiving week when I have some time off to try this. My last experience was not good....

alba666

Regular Contributor
Jumped in and applied update. So far, so good. Speedtest from router and iPhone same as usual. Nothing weird in the System Log. Everything reconnected and daughter is pounding multi Mbps on 802.11ax from her iPhone 13 Pro.

KrispiL

Occasional Visitor
Urgh, same problem as 386_45898. 5Ghz Guest Network doesn't work on AX92U aimesh nodes with this firmware, devices just get kicked off and connected to the main router (in my case an AX88U). Had to revert right back to 386_43084 to get it working again. I did send feedback to Asus about this but have heard nothing back, frustrating that it's still not fixed as the working firmware is getting pretty old now and there have been a lot of important security patches since then.

AndyB21

New Around Here
Urgh, same problem as 386_45898. 5Ghz Guest Network doesn't work on AX92U aimesh nodes with this firmware, devices just get kicked off and connected to the main router (in my case an AX88U). Had to revert right back to 386_43084 to get it working again. I did send feedback to Asus about this but have heard nothing back, frustrating that it's still not fixed as the working firmware is getting pretty old now and there have been a lot of important security patches since then.
Same with my guest networks. Lots of "not mesh client" can't delete it / can't update it's ip messages associated with stations kicked off. Backed off to 43084 (again).