1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AX92U problem updating firmware

Discussion in 'ASUS AX Routers & Adapters' started by crazyny, Jul 21, 2019.

1. crazyny

crazyny New Around Here

i have problem updating latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.6287. Currently i have 6204 installed. i checked for new firmware and node has been updated successfully but the router itself still shows 6204, i tried manual update but it tells me that "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result fro, incorrect image or error transmission. Please check this version of firmware and try again."

I tried many times but after reboot still the same firmware 6204 (the system works fine after reboot). I contacted Asus, they said they will contact engineering team and let me know but after that they only change new firmware from 6285 to 6287( they removed 6285 for a few days and added 6287) but still i can't update the router, but the node updated successfully.

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

If you have any USB disk plugged in, reboot the router with no disk plugged (to free up as much RAM as possible), then try again.

3. crazyny

crazyny New Around Here

just tried it, still the same problem

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Double check that you have the correct model, and also that you did unzip the firmware before uploading it manually. You should upload the file ending with .w.

5. crazyny

crazyny New Around Here

i did check that and of course i did unzip the firmware. When i bought it i successfully updated to 6204 both the router and the node but cannot update router to 6287, node updated fine to 6287.

6. crazyny

crazyny New Around Here

I resetted the router and after that i was able to upgrade firmware