What's new

RT-AX92U Save/Restore settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pgershon

Regular Contributor
I noticed yesterday that after saving my router settings and later restoring them, all of the uploaded icons with my existing clients were lost. If I had selected one of the standard ASUS icons, the icon was still associated with ,y device after restore. But for the 50 or so icons I uploaded (for example, the KASA photo for KASA TP-Link light switches), they were all lost. Any way to restore or save for future events?

I needed to reset the RT-AX92U router after Optimum Online replaced my company-supplied modem and it refused to enter bridge mode. It turned out the issue was on the cable provider side, but their suggest to reset on my end left me hours of work to do to restore...(I had assumed restore would replace everything as it was)

I noticed yesterday that after saving my router settings and later restoring them, all of the uploaded icons with my existing clients were lost. If I had selected one of the standard ASUS icons, the icon was still associated with ,y device after restore. But for the 50 or so icons I uploaded (for example, the KASA photo for KASA TP-Link light switches), they were all lost. Any way to restore or save for future events?

I needed to reset the RT-AX92U router after Optimum Online replaced my company-supplied modem and it refused to enter bridge mode. It turned out the issue was on the cable provider side, but their suggest to reset on my end left me hours of work to do to restore...(I had assumed restore would replace everything as it was)

The more you tweak/customize on a router, the more you will have to manage it. There may be so-called power user ways to do things, save and restore icons, etc., but they all mean more admin overhead and often for no good reason i.e. doesn't make it a better router. So, you might want to forget the icons and save yourself some time and trouble.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!