What's new

RT-AXE7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

firemantom26

New Around Here
Hello,
I just bought two RT-AXE7800 routers. One is the main router and the other is ib bridge mode connected to my Asus laptop.

The problem I am having is download speeds tests and link rates are so much slower on 6G vs 5G.

Any suggestions on what to do? I figured that 6G would be much faster than 5G

Thank You

Hello,
I just bought two RT-AXE7800 routers. One is the main router and the other is ib bridge mode connected to my Asus laptop.

The problem I am having is download speeds tests and link rates are so much slower on 6G vs 5G.

Any suggestions on what to do? I figured that 6G would be much faster than 5G

Thank You
Link speeds are 1441.2 Mbps on 6G and 3423.2 Mbps on 5G

Downloads on 6G 675Mbps and 1100 Mbps on 5G.........

This router has 2x2 radio for Wi-Fi 6E 6GHz band (up to 2402Mbps link) and 4x4 radio for Wi-Fi 6 5GHz band (up to 4804Mbps link). You have spend more money hoping to get something better from 6GHz band, but forgot to check the router specifications.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response. I just figured 6G would be faster, but your post makes sense. I mainly wanted it for the 2.5 GG port but I did not read the specs. So I guess it is working the way it should....

Yes, but you perhaps have paid extra for something you don't really need. 2x RT-AX86U dual-band routers with 4x4 radios will work the same way with enough 5GHz bandwidth for your media bridge and other clients. The media bridge is just high-powered more capable client on your network.

I wouldn't buy any 3-band Wi-Fi 6E routers today. Not enough clients for 6E and Wi-Fi 7 routers will be available in mid-2023. This 6E may be skipped altogether and you are going to end up with routers with one extra unusable band, unless you want AiMesh with 6GHz backhaul and know the physical limitations of higher frequency backhaul - less range and wall penetration. I wouldn't buy an expensive home router for use as wireless client either. GT-AX6000 model is more popular, comes cheaper and has newer hardware compared to GT-AXE11000. It will also get more firmware features soon.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!