What's new

Solved RT-N 66 Setup Embarrassing Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wh7qq

Edit: Gawd...fixed my foolishness myself.

This makes me feel really foolish. I, for some reason, changed the IP address in my router's router's setup. Now I can't get into my network at all...even the router pages. Getting old here...can't recall what to do to get back to 192.168.1.1. Using the latest of John's Fork of Merliln 370. This post is being made with a live linux disk and a direct connection to the modem...what a mess. Would some kind person help?

Last edited:
All you need to do is see the connection the computer you're using has. That should give you the IP range. If you can see a network map also, it may show the router (and its address) too.

If all you know is the IP range, it still won't take long to test the last octet to see which one is your router.

Although you've resolved your issue, having a generic "lan scanner" utility is never a bad idea and can find all kinds of "lost" devices for you or anyone else reading this thread. Can save you hours of frustration and hair pulling :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!