What's new

RT-N16 with 3G-Modem - no connection with latest Merlin build (v33) but good with v32

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Huberer

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

first I want to say thanks for the perfect firmware which I use since a couple of weeks on my RT-N66U. It runs great and very stable on it.
Therefore I also installed the merlin build on my RT-N16 (3.0.0.4.374.32) and hooked up a 3G modem to one of the usb ports of the router. Internet connection is perfect with this firmware.
Yesterday I tried the new fw (3.0.0.4.374.33) but can't get any connection. The modem is recognized by the firmware but it doesn't connect.
It makes no difference if I flash the firmware normal or if I make a factory default in advance and enter the connection data by hand.

Attached I've the syslogs from v32 (modem connected) and v33 (modem not connected). As you can see the difference starts at this point:

Jan 1 01:00:12 disk monitor: be idle

Before this line everything is the same but afterwards the differences start.

No coming to my question. What's the reason why 3G is working under v32 but not with v33?

Every help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance
Huberer

Attachments

• syslog_v32.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 244
  • syslog_v33.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 271

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!