What's new

RT-N600

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

digdog

New Around Here
Hello all,

I just bought an Asus RT-N600 and it seems to work very well for my needs other than a couple of little quirks (like showing 6 connected clients in the network map, then when you click to view, changing to 4 or 5 or any other random number)... still it manages the bandwidth in the limiter very well.

However I was looking around and thinking of custom firmware, but I am confused by the lack of info and all the links referencing the RT-N56U as if it is interchangeable with the RT-N600.

Anyone here familiar with these routers and is the chipset and firmware the same?

Thanks in advance.

DigDog

Hi,

I"m trying to figure out the same thing. I guess we got something of an obscure Asus router.

In case it helps, I posted a similar question in February: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-n600-support.37515. Padavan apparently works, but the site also seems to use RT-N56U interchangeably with the RT-N600, so am not 100% confident.

Hopefully someone else can clarify whether there's a tested third party option for the RT-N600.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!