What's new

RT-N66U/AC56U/AC66U/AC68U/AC87U/_3.0.0.4_378_6065- Firmwares

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi,

Japan only version (Works on any region)
[Please note] This version changed the login username and password authentication method. After firmware updated, please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router to avoid some compatibility issues.

Security fixed
- Enhance the login authentication strength and fixed CSRF related issues.

New feature
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.

The firmwares included on this folder are:
-RT-N66U
-RT-AC56U
-RT-AC66U
-RT-AC68U
-RT-AC87U

ASUS Firmwares

Last edited:
Whats different?

edit: oh is it a future asus release rather than something you have modified?

Whats different?

edit: oh is it a future asus release rather than something you have modified?

There you have.
It's a future asus release. Expect a new release soon because of some other stuff coming.

Thanks for sharing! I'll be loading this once I get home and keep my fingers crossed that 5Ghz issues are better. Hopefully the 'other stuff' you mention is MU-MIMO.

I just installed this on my router and I notice one immediate difference. Prior to this firmware, I had to put the 5Ghz network in to 40Mhz mode, otherwise my Macbook Pro would great ridiculously slow speeds. At the moment, I've kept it at the default 80Mhz and am getting ~150Mbps to the Macbook Pro.

I'm not going to get too excited yet. Let's see how stable this is over the weekend.

I can't get to the Traffic Analyzer in this build. Has it been removed?
Nope, is working.

Replied through TapaTalk

What is the URL? I'm using /TrafficAnalyzer_Statistic.asp and it gives me a "Settings have been updated" page.
/Main_TrafficMonitor_realtime.asp (on AC87U)

Replied through TapaTalk

No, I mean the TrafficAnalyzer. The one that tracks each computers usage and what kind of app was using the bandwidth. It has pie charts and stuff.
/AdaptiveQoS_Bandwidth_Monitor.asp
But going into Adaptive QoS you get there... I don't get what are you doing to get an error. Did you have an old link pointing directly to thw traffic analyzer instead of accesing the router and clicking on Adaptive QoS tab?

That can change from time to time. I would suggest not doing that or manually navigating the menues and re save it.

Replied through TapaTalk

Will other versions of the router can brush this firmware?

Will other versions of the router can brush this firmware?
Sorry, I didn't understand your question. Can you explain it?

Replied through TapaTalk

No, I mean the TrafficAnalyzer. The one that tracks each computers usage and what kind of app was using the bandwidth. It has pie charts and stuff.
That is available only for the AC3200 on Asus stock builds. Merlin has it in his arm-based builds so that is what you are thinking of.

I can't get to the Traffic Analyzer in this build. Has it been removed?

Asus removed the web file, since that model isn't supposed to support it anyway. It was erroneously getting included in the RT-AC87U build.

Likely they want a relatively small number of users to test it and be sure there are no major issues? Just a wild guess.... :D

They've done it a few times recently. One of my guesses is that they need some additional validation done before they are allowed to release a firmware in the other regions.

Anyway, pretty sure it's not a technical reason. Past "Japan-only" firmwares have been re-released worldwide with zero changes.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!