What's new

RT-n66U and Samsung Galaxy s4 5ghz issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Waylo

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S4 that connects to a 5ghz signal on my Rt-N66u. Right now I'm running the 270.26b build of Merlin's. I had been running the latest Asus firmware but found there were frequent disconnects with the 5ghz freq.

Every now and then, though, with the 270 build, the S4 goes wonky and can't communicate with the router. The signal is still fine, but no data can get transmitted. This effectively lasts until I reconnect.

There are quite a few 'fixes' I've found for this specific problem from my searching:

1. Changing from auto channel to 36 or 44. Data transmission still seems to still get 'locked' up sporadically.
2. Turning off the wifi power save mode on the S4. The connection is good, hadn't had any transmission locks, but wow does that battery get chewed through quickly.

Anyone else have this problem, and have a suggestion on which version firmware to go to?