What's new

Rt-n66u, d-link dns-343

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mmmmmm

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I am running some LAN speed test on my home network.
I have a feeling that I am missing some settings to get the right speed so I am asking for your help.

The setup is shown in the image below.
networkk.png

Asus RT-N66U with the following FW and settings:
0002routersettings.png

D-Link DNS-343 network attached storage with the settings below:
0003nassettings.png

Test 1: Wired notebook "Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)" to RT-N66U to D-LINK DNS-343
0101cabletonas2gb.png

Test 2: Wifi "Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN" - 2.4Ghz to RT-N66U to wired D-LINK DNS-343
0103intelwifi5300agn2hz.png

Test 3: Wifi "Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN" - 5Ghz to RT-N66U to wired D-LINK DNS-343
0102intelwifi5300agn5gh.png

My feeling is that these values are not so good and I am trying to find out the weak link in my setup.
I was expecting to get the same speed (at least 20MB/s) on both cable and wifi, but as you can see it is not the case. Wifi speed is half the wired speed.

Should I configure the network adapters in 1000 fill duplex?

To make matters worse, when I am downloading torrents over the Wifi the speeds drops even more.
The same torrent file that I am able to download to tha NAS over the wire at 8MB/s (my ISP limit), when using wireless (to the NAS) I get about 3-4MB/s with many fluctuations.

Am I missing something here?

Please advice.