What's new

RT-N66U DHCP Relay

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lactose The Intolerant

New Around Here
Hello, new N66 owner. I am wondering if it is possible to setup the router to relay DHCP from my Netgear firewall. My previous wireless router allowed this but I am not seeing where it is possible with the Asus.

I would like to avoid switching to AP mode if possible as when I setup that way my speeds were terrible. Thank you for your time and consideration.

If it is not possible to perform DHCP relay is it possible to speed up the AP mode? Speeds drop to one half on speed when running in router mode. Hardwire connection still is fine when in AP mode but wireless is very slow.

Thank you again.

To accomplish what your trying to do,
1) Setup the LAN part of your ASUS router with a fixed IP outside the DHCP scope of your Netgear router. Make sure your netgear router is configured as the gateway on the router and match the netmask . So your asus is just another statically addressed client on the network.
2) Connect from one of the LAN ports on your ASUS to one of the LAN ports on the netgear router.
3) make sure you can ping both IP address of the asus router and your netgear gateway so you don't lose connections
4) Turn off your DHCP server on the asus router and leave it in router mode and enjoy.