What's new

RT-N66U Died???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BobMCT

Regular Contributor
My entire network came to a stop yesterday and upon examination I noticed that my router lights were all off. I tested my power cord and its leds illuminates and a volt meter shows voltage at the tip. But when I plug it into the router - nothing, nada. If I depress one of the buttons on the back I get an instant of blue leds but they all go off immediately.

Can anyone please advise if there is anything that I might be able to check or do to resolve this? I have liked this router a lot and would like to continue using it.

Thanks

Does the DC voltage at the tip match the spec?

The Asus RT-N16 has had problems with capacitors. Try Googling this and if you find anything relevant post your results.

If I depress one of the buttons on the back I get an instant of blue leds but they all go off immediately.
Thanks

I had a similar problem. Turned out that the power switch went bad. If I held the button in the device would power on and stay on. The moment I would let go, it would power off completely.

SOLVED! Thanks to SnakeByte it was simply the on/off switch. It appears that there is a detent to hold the switch in the ON position. This detent or at least what catches it must have worn out and it wouldn't stay on. Seeing how I would have to replace the router anyway and it is always on 24/7 I simply superglued the button in the ON position. Plug it in and it works like it did.

Thanks... :)

Yep this has happened to many users of the N66 its also been reported a few times with the 68U shame a good router fails over a 50 cent part. :eek: