What's new

RT-N66U Guest access times...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Prometheus Xex

New Around Here
Greetings...

I just bought the Asus RT-N66U router, hoping that I could set up guest WIFI access at ONLY break times during the day (here at work). It doesn't seem to do that. Is there a router that would allow this?

Are there firmware mods perhaps?

The employees bring their mobile devices in the washroom (or something like that) and check their social networks, etc. I would like to limit this to only during their breaks or lunch if possible.

Francis :)

Look at flashing the router with DD-WRT. You can then set multiple on and off times for WiFi during any twenty four hour day.

The problem is that it is in one hour increments.

To accomplish what you want/need might be easiest by finding a digital timer that allows fifteen minute or even finer increments then switching the entire router on and off using this timer.

If you want to use the router and its firmware you will have to write a custom script. Probably not difficult and once you learn the basics I'm sure someone on this site can help you fine tune it.

Thanks for the reply. Someone else did suggest using an on off timer, which to be honest, it's probably the simplest solution. I do have a spare router that I can do that on.