What's new

RT-n66u IPv6 Pass Through

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

patmcc

New Around Here
Sorry if this may have been asked before......

I have an Asus RT-n66u I recently had my ISP baseline my modem and installed 3 of these routers..... now let me explain.... My neighbor and I decided we wanted to save some money and go in together on a 50/500 plan being we only live 110' from each other and both play same games and platforms seemed like a great idea... he opted to have main service installed at his residence due to the fact best pings and speeds seemed to be achieved from his side of the block. We ran a Cat 6a cable from a closet that would house the modem and router at his home to a closet that would house the router at my home and installed routers after about 3 hours of setup everything worked like a charm a DMZ set on his router and limit IP pool to 99 and static IP on my router speed test from several servers confirmed we both had max speeds..... Problem was even tho my Xbox had an Open NAT i still could not get IPv6 connectivity... I could however get a IPv6 address to my Router but nothing to my devices... after 3 days of reading searching and changing settings I tried Passthrough..... boy was that a problem... it caused my router to begin a reboot loop and all LAN lights flashing... after unplugging all LAN and the WAN cable i was able to use a Wifi connection and change setting back... boom everything normal... so after a few days i decided i would go back to ASUS stock firmware and try again (I really wanted IPv6) and it worked perfectly now setup is MERLIN still on main router Stock on my router and also on my second router set as AP.... NO problems... NO lag.... and we can pass files and media back and forth with no issues so i guess my question is... Will this issue be addressed in any future releases? I would really rather have Merlin over Stock any day.