What's new

RT-N66U Multiple SSID authentication

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jobongo

Regular Contributor
I was wondering if it is possible to setup wireless WPA authentication on separate SSIDs in different bridges. I am trying to setup 2 SSID's in their own lan so that I can route traffic to two different default gateways. I can setup the separate LANs on 2 separate SSIDs with no problem. DHCP/DNS works and each SSID is on their own LAN. The problem arises when I turn on wireless security for the SSID in the new bridge. I cannot authenticate with the router. I can see the SSID and my laptop notices that authentication is required but doesn't authenticate. I used this guide here for DD-WRT http://www.pennock.nl/dd-wrt/Multiple_BSSIDs.html but when I try and use some of the options , such as -p, I get "Command line parsing error: Quitting...... Here is my bridge setup. Wl0.1 is the guest SSID that I modified to direct traffic over a VPN that I connect to.

Code:
brctl show
bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
br0             8000.50465d6eaa70       yes             vlan1  <----Default Bridge that uses original SSID

eth1

eth2

br1             8000.52465d6eaa71       no              wl0.1  <----Extra bridge for VPN SSID
admin@RT-N66U:/tmp/home/root#

Is this a network access server (nas) issue? Is this even possible (I like to think that nothing is impossible) I looked at the source code and didn't see any settings that could be modified but then again I am no expert. If there is a change that I could compile myself that would be no problem. This is the only things standing in the way of me having my home network exactly the way I want it :D Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!