1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-N66U reboots to wizard

Discussion in 'ASUS N Routers & Adapters' started by Bubbagump210, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Bubbagump210

Bubbagump210 New Around Here

I have an Asus RT-N66U and every time it reboots, it reboots to a setup wizard. The issue is this puts the wifi part of the router offline until I plugin and go through the wizard. The odd thing is that the wizard has saved all of my settings and I just click Next Next Next. Am I missing a "reboot in safe mode" checkbox or something? If the NVRAM were shot, I would expect my settings to be missing which makes me believe this is a software issue, not hardware. ANd yes, I am on the latest/greatest firmware 3.0.0.4.380_8228

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Senior Member

Maybe it's confused... have you tried Restore to clear all settings and re-configure from scratch... sometimes advisable after a significant/any firmware upgrade.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

OE

4. Bubbagump210

I have not. It does feel like it is reverting to some sort of fail-safe boot mode.

5. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Senior Member

I appreciate 'feels like'... it's often my best/only troubleshooting tool! :)

Your described behavior feels unusual, not like a mode, so maybe clearing the NVRAM will heal it.

OE

6. Bubbagump210

Bah, just
    Bah, just what I was hoping to not do. Ah well, I have spent more time troubleshooting than starting over at this point. :)

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!