What's new

RT-N66U stopped working with modern

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ballibeg

Occasional Visitor
I'm in UK using a BT vdsl modem attached to an Asus Rt-N66U running Merlin.

Yesterday no internet connection. Timeout waiting on PADO packets. This set up has worked for years. I get my old home hub 5 down, it connects perfectly. I connect the hh5 by modem, it works perfectly. I connect the modem to the ASUS and I get pado packet errors.

Any ideas?

Ta,

Dave

Have you tried to reset to factory default settings?

Yup. Restored factory settings and still PADO packets, I thne updated firmware, still waits for PADO packets. Very frustrating as it was tock solids for months!

Sent from my Chromebook 14 (CB3-431) using Tapatalk

Something either had to change or something broke. Things just don't stop working for no reason when they've worked for a long time.

Do you control the modem or do they? If they control it, I suspect a firmware update broke stuff. A good test to confirm this is to connect your asus behind the hh5 as it should work in that configuration. If it doesn't, then the asus may have something wrong (firmware update or hardware failure).

Something either had to change or something broke. Things just don't stop working for no reason when they've worked for a long time.

Do you control the modem or do they? If they control it, I suspect a firmware update broke stuff. A good test to confirm this is to connect your asus behind the hh5 as it should work in that configuration. If it doesn't, then the asus may have something wrong (firmware update or hardware failure).
I agree with your thoughta. The asus is also not working in AP mode behind the HH5. I've gone for a new Asus modem router which should be here tomorrow. Hopefully that'll get things up and running again.

I agree with your thoughta. The asus is also not working in AP mode behind the HH5. I've gone for a new Asus modem router which should be here tomorrow. Hopefully that'll get things up and running again.

One last ditch effort you could try is load some other version of firmware or an older one just to see if it works. I'd also try seeing if it's just a gigabit ethernet connection that it has problems with or even a 100Mbit one. I've seen ports on routers get damaged to the point they work with one speed and not another.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!