What's new

[RT-N66U] Syslog: "No Space Left In Package"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

geko53

Regular Contributor
After flashing to firmware 3.0.0.4.374.33 (Merlin build) I found this entry in my syslog:

dnsmasq-dhcp[972]: cannot send DHCP/BOOTP option 3: no space left in packet

What's that? Didn't find this in earlier versions...

Ciao
Gerald

After flashing to firmware 3.0.0.4.374.33 (Merlin build) I found this entry in my syslog:

What's that? Didn't find this in earlier versions...

No idea, this is generated by dnsmasq. Never seen that message before. Are you using static reservations with unusually long hostnames, or any other customization in dnsmasq.conf?

Are you using static reservations with unusually long hostnames, or any other customization in dnsmasq.conf?

Yes to static reservations (20 in total) - but none of them more than 10 characters, no special characters used except of "-", no space between characters... Customization in dnsmasq: added dnsmasq.conf.add with the entry 'dhcp-option=252,"http://router.asus.com/proxy.pac\n"' - but this one has been added on your advice several builds ago to prevent syslog flooding with DHCP-entries.

Besides, I didn't change any of the settings before or after flashing the new build. In ther formerly used builds (last one was 33.beta6) this message didn't appear...

Tot kijk
Gerald

Last edited:
dnsmasq hasn't been changed in months. <shrug>

... but nonetheless this log entry appears _now_ for the first time :confused:

Ciao
Gerald