What's new

RT-N66U Tx Power Adjustment

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pawnslinger

Occasional Visitor
I have been playing with my new router... it works fine, but I guess I am bored, so I am playing with my new toy. I am retired, and don't have a lot to do... anyhow, that is another story.

My router is still on factory firmware, .112, and I like to change things and see what, if any, affect is produced. So i have been trying to change the transmit power adjustment. The firmware has it set at 80. And it just ignores my attempt to change it.

Is this just a bug in the firmware? Or did they really not want people to play with it? Does 3rd party firmware, like Tomato, allow one to fiddle with it? As soon as I got the new router, I wanted to flash Tomato onto it, but everyone around here thinks I am just a crazy old guy (to be polite).

Any ideas how to fiddle with the Transmit Power Adjustment?

Click three times on "Apply". That's required when making a power change.

Don't ask me why Asus has put this code in the router - I'm still scratching my head over it. :confused:

Click three times on "Apply". That's required when making a power change.

Don't ask me why Asus has put this code in the router - I'm still scratching my head over it. :confused:

Thanks! I was able to raise the transmit level to 100 and that improved my signal in my office from 50 to 72... the link rate didn't change, but I didn't really expect it to... it was already near its max of 150 for a single stream client.

Again, thank you!