1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[RT-N66U] Wireless devices can't see wired devices

Discussion in 'ASUS N Routers & Adapters' started by Danny Levenson, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Danny Levenson

Danny Levenson New Around Here

I have a Drobo 5N2 connected to my network. Until recently, I've been able to connect to shares on the Drobo regardless of whether my MacBook Pro was connected to the network via the wired connection at my desk or via wireless somewhere else in the house. Recently, I can only connect to the Drobo if I am connected to the wired network. Likewise, the Drobo dashboard can only seem to find the Drobo if I'm on the wired network. I don't think I changed anything when things quit working.

We had some network changes at work and I had to play with the DNS setting for my wireless connection on my Mac to get things to work again. It doesn't seem like changing DNS server address should prevent me from being able to see the Drobo.

As part of trying to debug this, I updated the firmware on my router to 3.0.0.4.382_50702-g6c0e289, but that didn't seem to help.

Any ideas for how I can fix this gap between my wired and wireless networks?

Edit: I double checked the addresses for both my wireless and wired interfaces. They are both on the 192.168.0.x network, but I can only ping the Drobo if I'm connected to the wired network.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!