What's new

[RT-N66U] Wireless devices can't see wired devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Danny Levenson

New Around Here
I have a Drobo 5N2 connected to my network. Until recently, I've been able to connect to shares on the Drobo regardless of whether my MacBook Pro was connected to the network via the wired connection at my desk or via wireless somewhere else in the house. Recently, I can only connect to the Drobo if I am connected to the wired network. Likewise, the Drobo dashboard can only seem to find the Drobo if I'm on the wired network. I don't think I changed anything when things quit working.

We had some network changes at work and I had to play with the DNS setting for my wireless connection on my Mac to get things to work again. It doesn't seem like changing DNS server address should prevent me from being able to see the Drobo.

As part of trying to debug this, I updated the firmware on my router to 3.0.0.4.382_50702-g6c0e289, but that didn't seem to help.

Any ideas for how I can fix this gap between my wired and wireless networks?

Edit: I double checked the addresses for both my wireless and wired interfaces. They are both on the 192.168.0.x network, but I can only ping the Drobo if I'm connected to the wired network.

Last edited: