What's new

RT2600ac parental control experience?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rumboogy

Occasional Visitor
I am looking at the RT2600ac to solve a parental control issue that I can't seem to sole with my current setup. First I should be clear that by "parental control" I really mean blocking adult content. I want to be able to block adult websites as well as force Google safe search. My current setup can do one or the other but not both at the same time. It looks like the RT2600ac can do both. But the question is how well does it work? I imagine that enabling Google safe search is a binary thing - either it works or it does not. What I am mostly concerned is how well the RT2600ac at blocking adult websites. Currently I use OpenDNS which works very well for this purpose. It looks like Synology has done something similar to OpenDNS but with lower granularity. I would appreciate any real-world experience with this feature.

Buy the way I called Synology and they told me you can't use the safe search setting and use something like OpenDNS at the same time so you have to depend on their filtering.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!