What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Estebandido1232

New Around Here
Hello.

I have an LTE network right now since I live in a rural area. I've been using AT&T for quite some time and everything has been working great. I've had the need to change to T Mobile but stumbled with a problem using my RT68U.

See, my setup is pretty clear: Internet-->MR1100-->Router-->Devices

I've used this with AT&T, no problems. But the MR1100 seems to only want ipv6 once I put in the T Mobile card. Otherwise it will only connect to HSPA or not connect at all (for what I could gather it doesn't want to connect to the home network when the apn is ipv4 or ipv4/ipv6). No biggie, right? NOPE. When I connect the MR1100 directly to the PC, it has internet, everything working fine aside from speed throttling (which is expected from the network) I've used the RT68U before to bypass this using a very simple trick, that's not my problem.

My problem is that when I connect the RT68U to the LTE router, it says internet on WAN (has ip address as expected) but it won't share the internet with my devices. Therefore I can't even test my setup at all. I've tried enabling ipv6 with native/passthrough on the ipv6 section of the router but alas, no luck. So, back to the board. I connected the LTE router directly to the PC again and disabled ipv4, still have a connection. Disabled ipv6, no internet. Definitely have to force the RT68U on ipv6 (I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the router detecting ipv4 internet when it's actually ipv6, though I'm not 100% sure that isn't the problem.)

So, I have basically no idea why the router detects internet but doesn't share it with my devices. There are very old/vague forums out there that speculate but nothing I can test or fix.

PS: I'd like to add that AP Mode shared internet but not a real solution since I need to have the trick to have full internet speed. Also, have it on the latest firmware 384.14_2

Any suggestions?

Last edited: