What's new

RT86U Synology and Kernel errors - lesson learned

• Thread starter Deleted member 62525
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 62525

I wanted to pass along my lesson learned and believe me it took few days to diagnose this.

The "kernel blog_key corruption when adding flow net_p=ffffffc017030c18 dir=0 old_key=0x200032f6 new_key=0x200032f9" errors would show up as soon as I enabled QoS (did not matter what kind).
Even with these errors the RT86U would work just fine including Skynet, Unbound DNSSEC and NAS connectivity.

I tried everything - factory resets, reconfig, reformat - multiple times. It would come back every time like a bad dream. Finally it occurred to me that I need to start with basics. Disconnected the Synology NAS and to my surprise the dreaded errors stopped.

Well, to make the story short, on the Synology NAS (mine is DS718+) you can configure Network interface in Bind mode and select from 4 different bind configurations. It is something similar to network link aggregation. This was the issue causing RT86U kernel errors. Once I configured NAS to use a standard, stand alone interface (LAN1), viola everything is good.

If you experience similar errors do what I did, start with the basics. Disconnect any external devices from your router, reset and try your steps to see if it works. Eliminate as much as possible, this is what help me in my journey to find the cause of the errors.