What's new

Rt_Ac68 with Bootloader 1.0.2.1 firmware question!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xXJakeXx

Occasional Visitor
I have a converted T-Mobile Ac68 that is on a very old firmware Of Merlin's that I want to update, but I don't know the definitive answer on whether or not the firmware updates the bootloader. If it does then do they all? If not which newest firmware is likely not going to not overhaul to a newer bootloader. Your replies are greatly appreciated, thank you.

As long as your router has already an Asus stock CFE you shouldn't worry about it getting updated (in theory).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

As long as your router has already an Asus stock CFE you shouldn't worry about it getting updated (in theory).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
In theory. So it's safe to say Merlin's firmware won't do it, but Asus's might?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

In theory. So it's safe to say Merlin's firmware won't do it, but Asus's might?

I don't think either of those is a safe assumption, depending on which firmware is currently installed and which specific firmware you want to upgrade to.

I don't think either of those is a safe assumption, depending on which firmware is currently installed and which specific firmware you want to upgrade to.
374.43_2 Merlin's firmware is installed, & I would like to install Merlin's latest beta RT-AC68U_378.55_beta2.

374.43_2 Merlin's firmware is installed, & I would like to install Merlin's latest beta RT-AC68U_378.55_beta2.

Why would you want to install a 3 months old beta?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

If you're on Asus CFE 1.0.2.1, that's the latest Asus CFE (that I've seen - hggomes CFE collection) for the RT-AC68U and won't be updated unless there is a new one released later. I'm not sure whether an Asus firmware or Merlin firmware would even update from 1.0.2.0 to 1.0.2.1 at this point (haven't seen it but I could have missed it too).

If you were on the Tmobile 2.1.2.1, then you would be updated via newer Merlin or Asus firmwares to TMobile 2.1.2.2 (or 2.1.2.4) which would firmware lock your router to TMobile firmwares. I'm assuming that's not the case since you mention you're on a converted TM-AC1900.

If you're on Asus CFE 1.0.2.1, that's the latest Asus CFE (that I've seen - hggomes CFE collection) for the RT-AC68U and won't be updated unless there is a new one released later. I'm not sure whether an Asus firmware or Merlin firmware would even update from 1.0.2.0 to 1.0.2.1 at this point (haven't seen it but I could have missed it too).

If you were on the Tmobile 2.1.2.1, then you would be updated via newer Merlin or Asus firmwares to TMobile 2.1.2.2 (or 2.1.2.4) which would firmware lock your router to TMobile firmwares. I'm assuming that's not the case since you mention you're on a converted TM-AC1900.
Yes converted actually per your step by step for to be exact, thank you BTW & also dunno why I thought I was on 1.0.2.1 but im actually on 1.0.2.0 Bl my mistake [emoji16].

Yes converted actually per your step by step for to be exact, thank you BTW & also dunno why I thought I was on 1.0.2.1 but im actually on 1.0.2.0 Bl my mistake [emoji16].

I have not seen, that I recall, an Asus or Merlin firmware yet that converts to 1.0.2.1. Not saying that it couldn't happen at some point but have not seen it yet.

I have not seen, that I recall, an Asus or Merlin firmware yet that converts to 1.0.2.1. Not saying that it couldn't happen at some point but have not seen it yet.
Ok week that's good enough answer for me, I'll let yall know if it keeps the same BL. Oh one last question, is there a way to freeze the actual process for the updating for the bl like you can when you have root with say a android device, thanks again. [emoji12]

Jake

I've been there and then was redirected to mediafire, and the newest "beta" I found was the one I listed that you mentioned was 3 months old & wasn't current? Am I assuming or is that valid [emoji16]

378.55 final was released on July 17th, as indicated on the sidebar on the left.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!