What's new

RTAC86U & vpn client issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JnrDox

New Around Here
Just bought myself what I consider my first premium router, went with this particular one to provide good vpn performance and the added configuration option that Merlin provides.

Wasn't sure if I should be posting this in the Asus Router or Merlin sub forums, but here goes...

When I enable my VPN Client (NordVPN, configured using their instructions and the ovpn file), my wired clients connect, but not my wireless. I see errors relating to dns unable to resolve. Have I missed something? Config seemed fairly straightforward, but its as if I now need to do something for the witless clients to use the VPN, but cant see anything obvious (but am sure it probably is!).

Also after enabling the VPN client, the ui seems to become unresponsive, taking 20/30s to be able to navigate around the webui, with occasional timeouts. both cpu/ram are minimal, so cant see it being a resource issue.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks