1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RTAX88U drops all connections when binding any mac address to static IP

Discussion in 'ASUS AX Routers & Adapters' started by Jaakko Hyvärinen, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Jaakko Hyvärinen

Jaakko Hyvärinen New Around Here

Hi Guys,

I bought AX88U yesterday to replace broken dsl-AC88U router. AX88U behaves weirdly when i am trying to bind any client mac address to static ip. After hitting apply - the router will drop WAN connection and 2.4 + 5ghz WIFI connections also. Router must be re-booted it in order to get WAN connection working again. It does the same if I configure DNS server addresses explicitly. I am using latest ASUS firmware - i upgraded firmware during initial set up. Is this known issue in firmware or maybe some hardware related problem? Attached log has mcast related errors - are they normal?

5 01:09:03 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR mcast] bcm_mcast_netlink_process_snoop_cfg,884: interface 22 could not be found^[[0m

Jaakko

Attached Files:

2. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

Did you do a full reset to factory defaults including checking the 'Initialize all settings...' checkbox too, after flashing the latest RMerlin firmware?

Did you import any saved config files? Did you 'blindly' copy your old settings from the other router to the new one?

Are your running the just-released RMerlin firmware 384.16_0 on the router?

3. dosborne

dosborne Very Senior Member

Please be specific about versions. What is "latest" today may not be tomorrow and there are alphas, betas, .....

I am not experiencing these issues with my AX88U. 384.15 fw

4. Jaakko Hyvärinen

Jaakko Hyvärinen New Around Here

Firmware version is 3.0.0.4.384.8018

5. sanke1

sanke1 Senior Member

Last 3 firmwares have this issue and are borked.