What's new

Rtax88u firmware questions. Need help choosing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elkido122

Occasional Visitor
Looming for a good stable firmware for my rtax88u. I need something stable which I was considering 384.15 but people have said there's issues with it . So my question is, should I stay with stock firmware or is there a really good stable well working version of merlin I should consider. Thanks kinda new here

Looming for a good stable firmware for my rtax88u. I need something stable which I was considering 384.15 but people have said there's issues with it . So my question is, should I stay with stock firmware or is there a really good stable well working version of merlin I should consider. Thanks kinda new here

I’m using this (see my signature).
So far, great!

Got it was on the mobile site haha. So your liking it so far? Maybe I'll give it a go, kinda iffy about beta but hey if it's good it's good. Wonder when stable .16 will release

I am using beta 2 on my rtax88u and things are well, regarding final version it may be at least week away.

I am using beta 2 on my rtax88u and things are well, regarding final version it may be at least week away.

+1, 384.16 beta2 working very well here also on my rt-ax88u...

Has the poor 2.4ghz range problem been fixed in this beta version? - https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wi-fi-signal-strength-rt-ac86u-v-rt-ax88u.61856/

Thanks

Ninko
You haven’t said what situation you’re going to use your AX -88U in. Standalone, AiMesh? Do you plan on running additional scripts and functions?

There’s always someone who is having issues of some sort on any firmware you’re going to use. Remember most of the people on here who are going to respond are way beyond a normal user of an AX88U.

You haven’t said what situation you’re going to use your AX -88U in. Standalone, AiMesh? Do you plan on running additional scripts and functions?

There’s always someone who is having issues of some sort on any firmware you’re going to use. Remember most of the people on here who are going to respond are way beyond a normal user of an AX88U.

It was only a simple question!

Has the poor 2.4ghz range problem been fixed in this beta version? - https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wi-fi-signal-strength-rt-ac86u-v-rt-ax88u.61856/

Thanks

Ninko

Supposedly it is not fixed yet, and I can attest that 2.4ghz range with 384.15 or 384.16 (alphas or betas) have a poorer range than 384.14. HOWEVER, this may not be a problem for you -only you can evaluate- In my case 2.4 reaches well (even if with a bit less power than before) where I want to, and in exchange, seems more solid... 384.14 and previous versions could suddently hung a given wifi channel and stop authenticating -even if only sopradically after a few weeks running- and were showing 'FPM invalid token' errors in the syslog when wifi was stressed.

Will be using for multiple computers, wireless laptops, 4 samsung phones with wifi 6 capability, 2 xbox ones hard wired, printer wireless , couple wireless tvs are well . I got a gigabit connection. House isn't to big about 2500 sqft

Flash RMerlin 384.16 Beta 2 (or wait for release final, your choice). Reset to factory defaults. Flash the same firmware again.

Do a minimal and manual configuration to connect to your ISP and secure your router. Specifically, that means to not blindly carry over settings and customizations from your previous router. Do not use a saved backup config file either (it negates the reset to factory defaults).

The following link and the link in my signature may give you further information. :)

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax88-packet-loss.62891/#post-563326