What's new

RTN66U Router with DM200 Modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sam Pascoe

New Around Here
I'm unsure if I have set this up correctly!

I've got the DM200 plugged into the outlet in the wall, with a single cable leading to the DSL/Modem connection on the RTN66U.

I then have three wired devices plugged into the LAN ports.

This doesn't sound complicated, but the RTN66U only seems to work in AP mode. I feel this is not correct, and it should be in the normal 'router' mode? I'm losing a lot of functionality of the router, although the network seems to be working ok.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks very much guys.

EDIT: I am cringing as I look through the other threads in this topic. I posted in totally the wrong area, didn't I! Mods, please move me!

Last edited:
Yes something is wrong. Your RT-N66U should be in router mode.

While router is running, press the reset button for about 5 secs, then release it. Router will then reboot.

Open a web browser on your PC and go to http://192.168.1.1 (if it doesn't go there automatically). You should be at the initial setup menu. You should be able to let it detect the type of connection and set it up in router mode.

Yes something is wrong. Your RT-N66U should be in router mode.

While router is running, press the reset button for about 5 secs, then release it. Router will then reboot.

Open a web browser on your PC and go to http://192.168.1.1 (if it doesn't go there automatically). You should be at the initial setup menu. You should be able to let it detect the type of connection and set it up in router mode.

I Can't believe it!! I tried to get it working as a router over and over again when I first bought the DM200, but it wouldn't work... But I've just followed your instructions, and it worked the first time. no connection issues, no mode changing... I'm stunned! Thank you very much!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!