What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v1.6.8 -Mar 17, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner, GT-AXE/AX + Speedtest)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

v1.0RC1 - (July 15, 2022)

@Viktor Jaep, working, looks great but currently can't get to page 2/2 :D

When I hit "N" to take me to Page 2 it crashes out if running in "screen" mode, or takes me back to its mneu if in "manual" mode.

Can you reproduce or is it just me?

Last edited:
@Viktor Jaep, working, looks great but currently can't get to page 2/2 :D

When I hit "N" to take me to Page 2 it crashes out if running in "screen" mode, or takes me back to its mneu if in "manual" mode.

Can you reproduce or is it just me?
Unfortunately unable to reproduce that... Page 2 is working fine for me. How are you starting RTRMON? Like "rtrmon.sh -screen"?

Unfortunately unable to reproduce that...
False alarm, figured it out!
I'd put in "0" for both 2.5 and 5.0 WiFi rates, as I have Wifi turned off.
Putting some values back in makes it work and stops the crash.
Divide by Zero error maybe?

False alarm, figured it out!
I'd put in "0" for both 2.5 and 5.0 WiFi rates, as I have Wifi turned off.
Putting some values back in makes it work and stops the crash.
Divide by Zero error maybe?
Nice find!!! I'll add in those exceptions. Never thought someone wouldn't use their wifi. :D

Maybe if both 2.4 and 5.0 are "0" you just don't display the Wifi section at all?
Good idea!
When starting screen, it should probably say to use the command 'screen -r rtrmon' instead of RTRMON.

Also, it crashes if you use a lower case letter for temperature.
Great finds! Thank you both!

now for a flicker free text gui... ;-)

now for a flicker free text gui... ;-)
:) just increase your interval and it will be less noticable (or a faster CPU!)

Last edited:
I think she's as done as she can get right now... Future enhancements and additions are in store! Enjoy!

v1.0 - (July 16, 2022)
*FIXED
- Now allows you to set your WiFi speeds to 0 if you effectively have them disabled (Thanks @Stephen Harrington!)
*FIXED - Changed temp units to force to uppercase during config, and made a small wording change (Thanks @Thirteen!)

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.0.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

rtrmon-1.0-1.jpg

Looking forward to your feedback @heysoundude! :p
once @thelonelycoder adds it to amtm, I'll consider switching from scMerlin.
it's not that I mind ssh into the back end, but the UI of the router is made to make it easy for users to get an overview, so this data should be accessible there as well IMHO: if asus can have a terminal-like window in the UI displaying log data, I know you'll be able to figure it out.
I do rather like the datasets collected by spdMerlin and ntpMerlin and their graphing...but your green text takes me back to 3rd grade and cassette drives for PET computers :)

once @thelonelycoder adds it to amtm, I'll consider switching from scMerlin.
it's not that I mind ssh into the back end, but the UI of the router is made to make it easy for users to get an overview, so this data should be accessible there as well IMHO: if asus can have a terminal-like window in the UI displaying log data, I know you'll be able to figure it out.
I do rather like the datasets collected by spdMerlin and ntpMerlin and their graphing...but your green text takes me back to 3rd grade and cassette drives for PET computers :)
LOL that's what I learned to program on back in the day... wow, that brings back memories. :) Seriously, I would love to learn how to manipulate web pages on the router, and maybe someday I'll get there, but it seems to be a big leap as it seems excessively complex. Maybe I'll find a good easy tutorial out there... In the interim, I'll have to stick with SSH UIs for now. ;)

Last edited:
Nice find!!! I'll add in those exceptions. Never thought someone wouldn't use their wifi. :D
I have both wifi channels disabled on all my test routers. I only enable it when needed.

LOL that's what I learned to program on back in the day... wow, that brings back memories. :) Seriously, I would love to learn how to manipulate web pages on the router, and maybe someday I'll get there, but it seems to be a big leap as it seems excessively complex. Maybe I'll find a good easy tutorial out there... In the interim, I'll have to stick with SSH UIs for now. ;)
For each function one adds in SSH UI, you‘ll have to recreate it in html, JavaScript and some form of API to get it into the WebUI - I created my own API for Diversion. I am not on good terms with JavaScript, hence the sparse Diversion WebUI functions available. I‘m just not motivated to transmongrel all options to it.

For each function one adds in SSH UI, you‘ll have to recreate it in html, JavaScript and some form of API to get it into the WebUI - I created my own API for Diversion. I am not on good terms with JavaScript, hence the sparse Diversion WebUI functions available. I‘m just not motivated to transmongrel all options to it.
Gosh that sounds like a LOT of work! I do love the Diversion page... it's very clean, and looks good!

For me, it was Apple IIc and e. And then my family moved to where they used a proprietary system called icon in schools (https://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=971) and the qnx stuff I learned is (along with Basic and starting to wade into C) remarkably similar to some of the command line stuff used around here. From there to Uni where Apple got its hooks in deep, and now I surf/type on a *buntu machina. It's been *nix for me pretty much the whole time...but I've come to like/prefer how easy on my eyes good graphics are...heck, I use dark mode so the letters stand out from the darker background of the screen, just like in a terminal!

For me, it was Apple IIc and e. And then my family moved to where they used a proprietary system called icon in schools (https://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=971) and the qnx stuff I learned is (along with Basic and starting to wade into C) remarkably similar to some of the command line stuff used around here. From there to Uni where Apple got its hooks in deep, and now I surf/type on a *buntu machina. It's been *nix for me pretty much the whole time...but I've come to like/prefer how easy on my eyes good graphics are...heck, I use dark mode so the letters stand out from the darker background of the screen, just like in a terminal!
Wow, never heard of the Icon. After the PET computers, it was pretty much VIC-20 and C-64 for me. I did get to play with the early Apples back then and remember doing a high school computer summer camp programming ascii pixelated pictures. ;) I'm running an Ubuntu VM on my Windows Server to play with at the moment.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!