What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v1.6.8 -Mar 17, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner, GT-AXE/AX + Speedtest)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

*FIXED - Now allows you to set your WiFi speeds to 0 if you effectively have them disabled
Works very well @Viktor Jaep, thanks!
I guess a minor "refinement" to consider for a future tweak would be to detect from NVRAM values whether Wifi is disabled or not for each band and display (or not) accordingly, regardless of the bandwidth values set?

For each function one adds in SSH UI, you‘ll have to recreate it in html, JavaScript and some form of API to get it into the WebUI - I created my own API for Diversion. I am not on good terms with JavaScript, hence the sparse Diversion WebUI functions available. I‘m just not motivated to transmongrel all options to it.
And then if you decide to add your own tabs and callbacks without page refreshes it all gets even further complicated. I do want to migrate all my WebUIs to the style I put in connmon, but it took a month and that's one of my simpler ones :/

And then if you decide to add your own tabs and callbacks without page refreshes it all gets even further complicated. I do want to migrate all my WebUIs to the style I put in connmon, but it took a month and that's one of my simpler ones :/
I was under the impression you weren't working on these any longer; am I mistaken?

Minor maintenance bug fix release today, along with a few feature requests! Enjoy! :)

v1.01 - (July 18, 2022)
* FIXED -
Bug fix that was occasionally being caused by reading a blank NVRAM file causing an arithmetic error!
* ADDED - capability of checking NVRAM to determine whether your wl0 or wl1 (wireless LANs) are turned on or not, and if not, it will show as disabled in the UI - Thanks @Stephen Harrington!
* ADDED - if someone fat-fingers the temp units other than C, F or K, it will just default to C.

Installer link:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.01.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

capability of checking NVRAM to determine whether your wl0 or wl1 (wireless LANs) are turned on or not
Slight glitch with 1.01 @Viktor Jaep ...

I updated, re-ran setup and put default values back in for 2.4 and 5.0 Wifi. Restarted rtrmon.
It's detecting that my 2.4 is turned off, but not my 5.0. This is on an RT-AX86U of course.
What NVRAM value are you querying? Maybe it's different on this model?
Want me to run a command and give you the result?

Finder-Users-stephenh-OneDrive-Cyberpower BRICs LCD BR700ELCD UPS (Mum)Screen Shot 19 Jul 2022...jpg

Slight glitch with 1.01 @Viktor Jaep ...

I updated, re-ran setup and put default values back in for 2.4 and 5.0 Wifi. Restarted rtrmon.
It's detecting that my 2.4 is turned off, but not my 5.0. This is on an RT-AX86U of course.
What NVRAM value are you querying? Maybe it's different on this model?
Want me to run a command and give you the result?

View attachment 42915
Hum... whoops! I blame that glass of red wine I just had!! :) (There were no cats in sight so I couldn't blame them!)

Please try over-installing it with the same version... I think it was a logic error. ;)

Bug report:

AC68U - /sys/class/thermal is not available so the script crashes, I think the CPU temperature is available in /proc/dmu/temperature.

Last edited:
Bug report:

AC68U - /sys/class/thermal is not available so the script crashes, I think the CPU temperature is available in /proc/dmu/temperature.
Thanks @PeterR! I'll look into this...

Minor bug fix... added support for AC68U's, and what other router model family members use this alternate way of getting their CPU temp. Let me know if this fix works for you, @PeterR!

v1.02 - (July 20, 2022)
* FIXED
- Apparently AC68U's have a different way of capturing the CPU temp, and am checking for this alternate way on any router that might use the same methods. So now there's two. ;) -- Thanks @PeterR!

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.02.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Minor bug fix... added support for AC68U's, and what other router model family members use this alternate way of getting their CPU temp. Let me know if this fix works for you, @PeterR!

v1.02 - (July 20, 2022)
* FIXED
- Apparently AC68U's have a different way of capturing the CPU temp, and am checking for this alternate way on any router that might use the same methods. So now there's two. ;) -- Thanks @PeterR!

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.02.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"
:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721_084908.png
    Screenshot_20220721_084908.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20220721_085033.png
    Screenshot_20220721_085033.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 101
Not to detract from this effort/script. But I was searching around stumbled upon https://hqt.ro/netdata-system-monitor/ but it needs Entware-NG not sure how or if it would work with Merlin/AMTM or just replaces Entware nor have the time to try and figure it out. But sharing in case it might provide any inspiration to this effort.

Yey. :) Hey, whats up with your JFFS? It seems pretty darn near full? You good with that/is that normal?
:eek:I was so excited that the script ran this time, I didn't check the report. Seems to be another bug, this is the status of the disk partitions:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721_091811.png
    Screenshot_20220721_091811.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 75
Not to detract from this effort/script. But I was searching around stumbled upon https://hqt.ro/netdata-system-monitor/ but it needs Entware-NG not sure how or if it would work with Merlin/AMTM or just replaces Entware nor have the time to try and figure it out. But sharing in case it might provide any inspiration to this effort.
Yeah, @thelonelycoder mentioned he used to make that available in his AB-Solution package... but it sounds like PITA and a drain on your resources to make this all happen. Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing... but RTRMON is specifically designed to be a simple terminal/SSH-based dashboard application to run alongside other SSH scripts to keep an eye on your basic resources running on our routers. Thanks for the suggestion though... I will be installing this on my Ubuntu server here shortly to have a look at it. ;)

:eek:I was so excited that the script ran this time, I didn't check the report. Seems to be another bug, this is the status of the disk partitions:
Looks like there might be a difference in the way JFFS is being displayed by the DF command... could you run this please, let paste back what it returns?

Code:
df -P | grep /dev | grep -v -E '(tmp|boot)'

Never mind... I changed the code that will hopefully make it a bit more compliant for both of us, based on your DF output... Please give this version a try and let me know if you JFFS partition looks any better. ;)

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.03.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

v1.03 - (July 20, 2022)
* FIXED
- It looks like there was some inconsistency in the way the JFFS partition was being measured as well, and fixed that code to be a bit more compliant with returning the right values.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!