What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v1.6.8 -Mar 17, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner, GT-AXE/AX + Speedtest)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Viktor Jaep - Do you think it would be possible to add a feature for NordVPN users to select Yes/No if they use SmartDNS, and if they do and the WAN IP changes, the script would also submit a request to change the IP with Nord?

@Viktor Jaep - Do you think it would be possible to add a feature for NordVPN users to select Yes/No if they use SmartDNS, and if they do and the WAN IP changes, the script would also submit a request to change the IP with Nord?
Sounds pretty simple? So a yes/no, if people are using a Smartdns-like service, that if the WAN IP changes, to initiate a reset? This would be for VPNMON-R2, right?

Last edited:
Sounds pretty simple? So a yes/no, if people are using a Smartdns-like service, that if the WAN IP changes, to initiate a reset? This would be for VPNMON-R2, right?
Correct. I'm hoping that if you can catch it quickly enough, you'll have cached DNS results to initiate the reset before all DNS fails. Once that happens, VPNMON-R2 keeps resetting.

Also, I guess I was not paying close enough attention and put this in the wrong thread. I apologize.

RTRMON apparently affected by recent entware updates:
curl: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

RTRMON apparently affected by recent entware updates:
curl: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
I updated entware yesterday, but have not restarted RTRMON yet to see if there were any Ill effects on startup. But thusfar, I have not run into any issues?

EDIT: So I have just stopped/restarted all my scripts, and not running into any ELF errors. Looks like my entware upgraded smoothly. Have you tried following some of the suggestions under this thread?

Last edited:
I updated entware yesterday, but have not restarted RTRMON yet to see if there were any Ill effects on startup. But thusfar, I have not run into any issues?

EDIT: So I have just stopped/restarted all my scripts, and not running into any ELF errors. Looks like my entware upgraded smoothly. Have you tried following some of the suggestions under this thread?

Yes, I have.

Finally figured out that if it works if I restored both libssl AND libcrypto from old versions.
Well that kinda sucks, but I'm glad you figured that out. Unsure why it works for some and not for others... I started having a lot of entware shared library issues on my old AC86U near its end, and before I migrated over to the AX-6000 where I was able to start over from scratch on a new SSD.

It's been a while! v1.55 added a new feature thanks to @Shades idea to speedtest your VPN connection! The Speedtest page in RTRMON will now let you choose between your WAN or VPN connection, and show/save the results for you, indicating what interface it used to perform the test. Enjoy!

What's new!?
v1.55 - (May 13, 2023)
- ADDED:
Added functionality to the speedtest section to either test your WAN connection, or if one exists, your VPN connection! Thanks to @Shades for the suggestion/idea! :)

Download (or update direction within AMTM)
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.55.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Significant Screenshots:
Now showing options to run (I) WAN or (J) VPN speedtests! Interface added to show which one was used to run the speedtest.

1684023376787.png

You all get a BOGO today... Minor update to take care of some outstanding items still on my plate... Enjoy!

What's new!?
v1.56 - (June 24, 2023)
- FIXED:
There were a few instances of "Ghz" wording on the setup screen that now have been corrected to GHz. Many thanks to @ColinTaylor for uncovering these unforgivable semantic errors.

Download (or update directly within the script or AMTM):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.56.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

You all get a BOGO today... Minor update to take care of some outstanding items still on my plate... Enjoy!

What's new!?
v1.56 - (June 24, 2023)
- FIXED:
There were a few instances of "Ghz" wording on the setup screen that now have been corrected to GHz. Many thanks to @ColinTaylor for uncovering these unforgivable semantic errors.

Download (or update directly within the script or AMTM):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.56.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"
Updated/reconfigged and disabled the speedtesting...my jffs thanks me. So I thank you, @Viktor Jaep

I have use RTRMON a long time on a simple AC86U setup and it has been working fine. I recently set up a new network with the GT-AX6000 as primary router and a couple of mesh nodes. The main router is running the latest Merlin version and the nodes the latest stock firmwares.

After setting up RTRMON via AMTMi t shows a "[: 2: unknown operand" line repeated 5 times on every page., between the bottom stat line and the update timer line. It also shows these 5 lines briefly under the update timer line before clearing the screen for the updated info, and it it also showed these lines in the initial setup screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling RTRMON but it has not changed anything.

I think this is just a cosmetic problem(?) and RTRMON is no critical software for me but I post here because perhaps it is of interest to the author if it is a bug or there is a chance someone could help me with how to get rid of it.

I have use RTRMON a long time on a simple AC86U setup and it has been working fine. I recently set up a new network with the GT-AX6000 as primary router and a couple of mesh nodes. The main router is running the latest Merlin version and the nodes the latest stock firmwares.

After setting up RTRMON via AMTMi t shows a "[: 2: unknown operand" line repeated 5 times on every page., between the bottom stat line and the update timer line. It also shows these 5 lines briefly under the update timer line before clearing the screen for the updated info, and it it also showed these lines in the initial setup screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling RTRMON but it has not changed anything.

I think this is just a cosmetic problem(?) and RTRMON is no critical software for me but I post here because perhaps it is of interest to the author if it is a bug or there is a chance someone could help me with how to get rid of it.
Very strange... I've got the AX6000 as well, and don't seem to have this issue. I would love to know what it's not able to detect, but that would involve debugging and sending me a large amount of debug text. Are you up for it?

Very strange... I've got the AX6000 as well, and don't seem to have this issue. I would love to know what it's not able to detect, but that would involve debugging and sending me a large amount of debug text. Are you up for it?

Just ran RTRMON, probably for the first time since I updated to 388.4 I think, and I’m seeing that error as well on my RT-AX86U. Happy as always to provide any debug data - I’m away from “base” at present but home end of tomorrow if you can tell me what you need @Viktor Jaep.

Just ran RTRMON, probably for the first time since I updated to 388.4 I think, and I’m seeing that error as well on my RT-AX86U. Happy as always to provide any debug data - I’m away from “base” at present but home end of tomorrow if you can tell me what you need @Viktor Jaep.
Strange indeed... I just uninstalled, wiped everything out, reinstalled... not seeing any issues. If you wouldn't mind please uncommenting lines 2865, 2866 and 3479... running it for a while to grab those "unknown operands", and send me the results?

If you wouldn't mind please uncommenting lines 2865, 2866 and 3479... running it for a while to grab those "unknown operands", and send me the results?
Will do when I can, unless @bjark beats me to it!

@Viktor Jaep managed to grab a debug output at the airport remotely on crappy wifi, degree of difficulty is 9.5
:D

Link to OneDrive zip file:-

rtrmonerrors.txt.zip

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!