What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v2.0.17 -June 8, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner + Speedtest) (Now BE9x Compatible!)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am seeing sw_mode=3, not 5, for all four (4) of my AiMesh nodes — GT-AXE16000, GT-AX6000, and RT-AX86U (x2). My primary router (GT-AX6000) shows sw_mode=1.
Good to know. I’ve never used AiMesh, so was making assumptions based on the code. I wonder what constitutes an AiMesh node (5) versus an AiMesh AP (3)?

@Viktor Jaep: That appears to take care of the missing WAN interface errors on AiMesh nodes. I do see some failures within the diagnostic results:
Code:
  Network Resolution Test...   [Failed]   | nslookup google.com 127.0.0.1
  Dig Functionality Test...    [Failed]   | dig google.com
Dig might fail if you haven't installed the dig binary from Entware... opkg install bind-dig

But the nslookup failing is kinda weird... but maybe an iMesh node forwards its dns requests to the main router? Also interesting!

Dig might fail if you haven't installed the dig binary from Entware... opkg install bind-dig

But the nslookup failing is kinda weird... but maybe an iMesh node forwards its dns requests to the main router? Also interesting!
Installation of dig fails:
Code:
# opkg install dig
Unknown package 'dig'.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package dig.
It certainly makes sense that AiMesh nodes forward DNS requests to the main router.

UPDATE: opkg install bind-dig works, and it resolves that error.

Code:
# opkg install dig
Unknown package 'dig'.
Collected errors:
It certainly makes sense that AiMesh nodes forward DNS requests to the main router.
try opkg install bind-dig

Code:
# opkg install dig
Unknown package 'dig'.
Collected errors:

UPDATE: opkg install bind-dig works, and it resolves that error.
So that leaves DNS resolution... since nslookup google.com 127.0.0.1 doesn't work, that IP would need to change to the primary router that the iMesh nodes connect to... there's gotta be an NVRAM value for that! LOL

So that leaves DNS resolution... since nslookup google.com 127.0.0.1 doesn't work, that IP would need to change to the primary router that the iMesh nodes connect to... there's gotta be an NVRAM value for that! LOL
I believe that it is NVRAM value lan_gateway that you are looking for (which resolves to IP of primary router)...

Or, why specify IP at all? Simply use nslookup google.com?

Hey @visortgw ... could you please send me a screenshot off your AXE16000 to make sure that the wifi page looks like it's populating OK? Wanted to make sure that the 2.4GHz, the 2 x 5GHz and the 6GHz visualizations come up right?

1716687491363.png

Should you install dig if it isn't already?
I leave it as optional since a lot of times, it gets installed when other tools are installed. It's just one of those old tools that nobody ever uses anymore... so I don't want to force it on people. :)

THANK YOU!!!

This is why this is so helpful when you don't have a device like this to test against... :) My OCD thanks you. You ROCK! :)

1716688123451.png

@visortgw ... if you see anything else out of alignment... the wifi page should really be the only one since the AXE16000 is so unique, but just let me know.

I just updated the script, so you can download/overwrite... and this wifi page should look aligned now. :)

@Viktor Jaep: I was wondering how much that would bother you (I noticed the same, but I didn't dare mention it)! 🤣
It bothers me more than you can imagine... alignment OCD is my downfall. ;)

@visortgw ... if you see anything else out of alignment... the wifi page should really be the only one since the AXE16000 is so unique, but just let me know.

I just updated the script, so you can download/overwrite... and this wifi page should look aligned now. :)
Fixed! Now, just the nslookup issue on Diagnostics page remains.

Fixed! Now, just the nslookup issue on Diagnostics page remains.
I'm going to address this first thing in the AM... I have some other items on my list left to finish as well. Plus, I have a couple of beers to down! :)

I'm going to address this first thing in the AM... I have some other items on my list left to finish as well. Plus, I have a couple of beers to down! :)
So, I'm a bit ahead of you, having already finished a bottle of wine with my sister. 😂

Beta 2 is out, addressing these issues below. @visortgw ... would be curious if the nslookup network diag now works on your node(s)!

And if anyone has a RT-BE96U or a GT-BE98_PRO, please let me know if everything is working, especially determining if things look good on the WiFi page since this BE98 Pro is the first router with 2 x 6GHz ranges to display.

What's new? (Including everything from Beta 1)
v2.0.12b2 - (TBA)
- PATCH:
After getting some nvram feedback from @visortgw and @dave14305, I've made more modifications on how to determine if a router is truly a router, not an AP/Repeater/iMesh Node.
- PATCH: Through testing with @visortgw, it was determined that the nslookup diag command does not work on iMesh nodes, and made a small modification to it so that it may hopefully pass this test.
- PATCH: Now includes compatibility for the newly announced supported Merlin FW routers: the GT-BE98_PRO and the RT-BE96U. The BE98_PRO is the first router that makes use of 2 x 6GHz ranges.
- PATCH: Logging standards have been updated across the script, and open to suggestions for other log events that might be reported on.

BETA 2 Download link:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!