What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v2.0.17 -June 8, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner + Speedtest) (Now BE9x Compatible!)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not sure what is going on here, but new beta does not properly recognize device as AiMesh node. The config menu shows the device with Mark Router As iMesh Node/Repeater/Bridge? set to No even though value is 1 in config file. Missing file errors have returned.

Not sure what is going on here, but new beta does not properly recognize device as AiMesh node. The config menu shows the device with Mark Router As iMesh Node/Repeater/Bridge? set to No even though value is 1 in config file. Missing file errors have returned.
I see the error in my ways... please download and retry? I'm using the logic that if the "Mark router as iMesh Node" is set to "Yes" OR the nvram sw_mode is anything but 1, then don't process any WAN information.

What did you mean with missing file errors?

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Last edited:
I see the error in my ways... please download and retry? I'm using the logic that if the "Mark router as iMesh Node" is set to "Yes" OR the nvram sw_mode is anything but 1, then don't process any WAN information.

What did you mean with missing file errors?

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"
The statistics files were not found.

The statistics files were not found.
I made another tweak... please download and overwrite. :)

Code:

I made another tweak... please download and overwrite. :)

Code:
No more statistics file errors. Still fails nslookup from AIMesh nodes:

Network Resolution Test... [Failed] | nslookup google.com 127.0.0.1
Prompt should be 1-7, not 1-5 (OCD finding):
Code:
  RTRMON Main Setup and Configuration Menu                                            

Please choose from the various options below, which allow you to perform high level
  actions in the management of the RTRMON script.
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) : Setup and Configure RTRMON
  (2) : Force Re-install Entware Dependencies
  (3) : Check for latest updates
  (4) : View logs
  (5) : Uninstall
   |
  (6) : Launch RTRMON into Normal Monitoring Mode
  (7) : Launch RTRMON into Normal Monitoring Mode w/ SCREEN
   |
  (e) : Exit

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please select? (1-5, e=Exit):
Malformed operator flashes by, followed by crash, when selecting (S) Show Operations Menu, but not every time.

Last edited:
No more statistics file errors. Still fails nslookup from AIMesh nodes:

Network Resolution Test... [Failed] | nslookup google.com 127.0.0.1
Fixed!
Prompt should be 1-7, not 1-5 (OCD finding):
Fixed!
Malformed operator flashes by, followed by crash, when selecting (S) Show Operations Menu, but not every time.
Fixed... good eye! There was an invalid operand... I've seen a malformed operator error that sometimes happens when you happen to hit a key when the script is running in the background outside of it's "keypress" input function. I still have not found a good way to stop accepting keyboard input when it starts its calculation loop. Working on this because it irks me as well.

Please give it one last whirl! :)

Code:

All fixes confirmed! Looks good to me. 👍

So big news... I think I have finally resolved this issue with people pressing keys during calculation loops that would cause Malformed Operator errors... :) I've updated the latest develop version with that new method... hopefully that does the trick! :)

So big news... I think I have finally resolved this issue with people pressing keys during calculation loops that would cause Malformed Operator errors... :) I've updated the latest develop version with that new method... hopefully that does the trick! :)
Try this:
  1. amtm
  2. rt
  3. 6
  4. s (before initialization completes)
Malformed operator line 4306...

Try this:
  1. amtm
  2. rt
  3. 6
  4. s (before initialization completes)
Malformed operator line 4306...
Looks like another opportunity to block input there... UGH. ;) What about during the regular loop on the main UI??

Looks good there!
Dangit @visortgw ... it seems like the "s" key is a stickler for creating this Malformed Operator... it even does it in the regular loop. I can't stop it. :( Let me check with the pro's around here to see what methods they have found effective...

Wanted to send a huge thanks to @nzwayne for him selflessly giving up his GT-BE98_Pro for testing and ensuring compatibility with RTRMON! Also, huge thanks to @RMerlin and @GNUton for sharing specifics on these new routers (GT-BE98, RT-BE96U, and GT-BE98_Pro) to bake compatibility into RTRMON. On that note, here are the last sets of changes... and believe we have a Release Candidate ready to go! :)

What's new (since v2.0.12b2):
v2.0.14RC - (TBA)
- PATCH:
Implemented the -now switch functionality, giving you the ability to bypass the 5 second SCREEN utility instructions and timer. This functionality works in conjunction with being able to specify which page (1-6) you want to jump to. Examples: "rtrmon -screen -now", "rtrmon -screen 2 -now". The second example would jump to page 2 using screen with no wait.
- PATCH: With many thanks to @nzwayne for allowing us some time to play with his GT-BE98_Pro, and making sure RTRMON is fully compatible with the new dual 6GHz bands, we have worked through all issues! Wanted to say how much I truly appreciate SNB Forum members like @nzwayne for jumping in, being willing to sacrifice his router and load the latest Merlin FW Alpha version on there to ensure compatibility. You rock!

Download link (update directly by executing this link in an SSH window):
Code:

Significant Screenshots:

Great view of the WiFi page (3), @nzwayne's GT-BE98_Pro is showing the new dual 6GHz band configuration.
1717259381543.png

Last edited:
Wanted to send a huge thanks to @nzwayne for him selflessly giving up his GT-BE98_Pro for testing and ensuring compatibility with RTRMON! Also, huge thanks to @RMerlin and @GNUton for sharing specifics on these new routers (GT-BE98, RT-BE96U, and GT-BE98_Pro) to bake compatibility into RTRMON. On that note, here are the last sets of changes... and believe we have a Release Candidate ready to go! :)

What's new (since v2.0.12b2):
v2.0.14RC - (TBA)
- PATCH:
Implemented the -now switch functionality, giving you the ability to bypass the 5 second SCREEN utility instructions and timer. This functionality works in conjunction with being able to specify which page (1-6) you want to jump to. Examples: "rtrmon -screen -now", "rtrmon -screen 2 -now". The second example would jump to page 2 using screen with no wait.
- PATCH: With many thanks to @nzwayne for allowing us some time to play with his GT-BE98_Pro, and making sure RTRMON is fully compatible with the new dual 6GHz bands, we have worked through all issues! Wanted to say how much I truly appreciate SNB Forum members like @nzwayne for jumping in, being willing to sacrifice his router and load the latest Merlin FW Alpha version on there to ensure compatibility. You rock!

Download link (update directly by executing this link in an SSH window):
Code:

Significant Screenshots:

Great view of the WiFi page (3), @nzwayne's GT-BE98_Pro is showing the new dual 6GHz band configuration.
View attachment 59133
This version hangs "forever" at "[Initiating Boot Sequence - Gathering Initial Stats...]" message on GT-AX6000 router — <Ctrl-C> to abort...

EDIT: Appears to work fine on GT-AX6000, GT-AXE16000, and RT-AX86U AiMesh nodes.

Last edited:
This version hangs "forever" at "[Initiating Boot Sequence - Gathering Initial Stats...]" message on GT-AX6000 router — <Ctrl-C> to abort...
I have it running OK on my GT-AX6000? Does the progress bar start? Are you running it using screen?

I have it running OK on my GT-AX6000? Does the progress bar start? Are you running it using screen?
No, it doesn't. Cursor moves down to progress bar line, but no part of progress bar is displayed.

No, it doesn't. Cursor moves down to progress bar line, but no part of progress bar is displayed.
Not sure what to tell you... :( My AX6000 is functioning as a router... comes right up each time. I opted to declare another variable just incase... could you download the script again, and see if that does it?

Could you see if beta 2 still works for you or if it does the same thing?

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon-2.0.12b2.sh

Could you see if beta 2 still works for you or if it does the same thing?

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon-2.0.12b2.sh
Beta 2 works. It took me a minute as I had to first reconstruct the curl command.

Beta 2 works. It took me a minute as I had to first reconstruct the curl command.
Breaks again. Let me try uninstall, and reinstall.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!