What's new

Run Merlin or Factory on AiMesh nodes?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, I need to update my signature.

Actually running RT-AX86U main and GT-AX6000 node, via wired 2.5GbE backhaul. 388.1 final. No issues. Dirty upgrades since I bought the RT-AX86U and installed (Alpha? Beta?) 386.xx level firmware on it back around 2 years ago.

Sorry, I need to update my signature.

Actually running RT-AX86U main and GT-AX6000 node, via wired 2.5GbE backhaul. 388.1 final. No issues. Dirty upgrades since I bought the RT-AX86U and installed (Alpha? Beta?) 386.xx level firmware on it back around 2 years ago.
OK - doesn't help me [and many others with RT-AX86U's though]. My main router - RT-AX86U runs well enough on 388.1 - but there is no way I can get the second RT-AX86U to run 388.1 and not cause the main router to report that it is not connected as a Node - yet seems to be connected for a while but real connectivity problems surface between them as time goes by.

If you still have a second RT-AX86U - could you try getting it to act as an AiMesh Node under 388.1 [both main and node]?
The issue only seems to affect the RT-AX86U when it is use as a NODE under 388.1 [no matter what model the main router is].

I am really curious as to why you run the GT-AX6000 as a dumb AiMesh Node ... when it is the more powerful of the two routers you have?
EDIT - bump @L&LD ;)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!