What's new

Run script after ab-solution creates router stats file?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rudi Pittman

Occasional Visitor
I've modded a script that puts the syslog in /www/user to create a stats.html pointing to the most recent file in the stats directory. It runs fine manually and I suppose I could easily add a cron task but I'm wondering if there is a better way to trigger the script to catch manual compiles of the stats during the week?

I've modded a script that puts the syslog in /www/user to create a stats.html pointing to the most recent file in the stats directory. It runs fine manually and I suppose I could easily add a cron task but I'm wondering if there is a better way to trigger the script to catch manual compiles of the stats during the week?
If you only want it for the manual current stats to file run, you can add your command to run your update file to ab-solution.sh after line 3749, right after the stats creation command and before the "lastAction=" line:
Code:
sh $abSolutionPath/$addonDir/$statsFile off none none on > $abSolutionPath/$statsDir/stats-$(date +"%a_%b_%d_%H.%M_%Y").txt
Be aware that a future AB update will not honor your manual meddling in ab-solution.sh...
Exit AB before you edit the file.