What's new

amtm Running firewall on schedule / chron?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xmanyes

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
Fairly new to the Asus router enhancing with AsusWRT and I really love it!

The thing is we have two adolescent boys at home and if I don't stop some urls from Firewall>Advance URL filter, the "party" online may not stop until 3-4AM...

I have seen in the log that when I change the status in the Firewall>Advance URL filter the following:

Dec 10 15:47:10 rc_service: httpd 1200:notify_rc restart_firewall
Dec 10 15:47:10 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart firewall)
Dec 10 15:47:11 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/nat-start
Dec 10 15:47:11 ntpMerlin: Sleeping for 5s to allow firewall/nat startup to be completed...
Dec 10 15:47:11 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/firewall-start (args: eth4)
Dec 10 15:47:11 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: restart firewall)

so I assume some chron could be made out of this, the problem is, I don't know how to implement it... so if there is some good soul out here on the forum that would be willing to help I would appreciate...

What would be best scenario:

to have chron job which would enable URL filtering each day, for example, from 10:00 PM until 7:00 AM

If that is achievable, at least they would go to bed, hopefully...

Thank you & regards, X

Seems to me it would make more sense to use Time Scheduling in AiProtection to prevent access to *all* internet by specific devices (based on their MAC address) during specific time periods.

Indeed, now that I saw it! Was not even aware that it exists.

1000x thanks! This is even better as it is IP specific, yes!

But then... I have this setting set up already on my phone app where it is much easier accesible than here.

So I am still looking for a solution to schedule on//off the Firewall URL filtering, as, for example, few of the things that kids do during the school Zoom (when they have to be at home if someone tests positive) is watching youtube, tiktok, chat on discord, etc.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!