What's new

RV-34X New Firmware Avail

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jasonreg

Regular Contributor

Software Updates - RV340 Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router​

Product Name:RV340 Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router
Software Type:Small Business Router Firmware
Release Version:1.0.03.27

Alert Type:New File
File Name:RV34X-v1.0.03.27-2022-03-08-02-37-11-AM.img
File Description:Firmware image for Cisco RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P Release 1.0.03.27
File Release Date:03-May-2022

I also installed with no issue.

Release notes show a few fixes made for several security vulnerabilities. There's also this blurb in the release notes:

A new firmware installation verification mechanism is optimized to reject invalid
images. DO NOT downgrade the Firmware from1.0.03.27 to 1.0.03.24 or other
earlier versions.
If you really want to downgrade, select inactive version (1.0.03.24 or earlier) then
reboot the router.

And this curiosity under what's new:
What’s New
Added DHCP NAK option to bypass the Server-ID check for specific scenarios.
I see this as a check box in the UI in Wan > WAN Settings. It's unchecked. I'm not at all clear what it does. The release notes show very (see above quote) and all the "i" mouse over shows is "Bypass DHCP Server-ID check against DHCP NAK". Cisco's bugsearch for CSCvz96100 says "You are not entitled to access bug: CSCvz96100". Conclusion: It's a mystery, but by default the field is not enabled and I presume that is what Cisco intends as default (safest) behavior.

Lastly, per the two previous threads (linked below) where we discussed this point, I did not "reset the device to factory default settings, and rebuild the configuration" per the boiler plate words in each set of release notes, including this set. The usual complaints directed at cisco small business support: 1) since you recommend this for all upgrades, why do you even allow automatic updates where no such resetting to factory is even a possibility?, and 2) can you be specific and say what, exactly what, "optimal performance" we lose when not resetting to factory default settings?