What's new

RV Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Troy

New Around Here
Looking for advice for a good router to put in an RV. Would need it to be able to authenticate to webpages at RV parks etc. Would like to have the ability to run straight off 12 volt. Would be nice to be able to tether to cell phone. I have this one, but not sure what else is really available.

Peplink SUS-SOHO-T Pepwave Surf Soho MK3

Paging @Xentrk about his GL.iNet GL-AR300M Mini Travel Router. :)

Looking for advice for a good router to put in an RV. Would need it to be able to authenticate to webpages at RV parks etc. Would like to have the ability to run straight off 12 volt. Would be nice to be able to tether to cell phone. I have this one, but not sure what else is really available.

Peplink SUS-SOHO-T Pepwave Surf Soho MK3

Look at the HooToo Trip Mate Nano. On Amazon the cost is US$21.99. It is straight forward to use it and to authenicate to web pages. It is powered by its USB port so you can plug an USB phone charger into a lighter receptacle and you would be good to go.

Look at the HooToo Trip Mate Nano. On Amazon the cost is US$21.99. It is straight forward to use it and to authenicate to web pages. It is powered by its USB port so you can plug an USB phone charger into a lighter receptacle and you would be good to go.

DITTO. I have a Nano and it can do exactly what you are looking to accomplish and as @CaptainSTX stated it will run just fine off 12 volt via a phone charger. I ran mine for 3 hours on a plane via a 3000 mAh USB battery pack and it only used about a third of the pack. So, if you don't have a lighter plug near the location where you want to place the Nano you could rotate a couple of cheap USB battery packs to power it. You can connect multiple devices to the Nano wifi and they will all share the single connection that the Nano makes with the park wifi.