What's new

RV34x Firmware Update Avail 1.0.03.26

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't see any sophistication in Linksys routers like this. I really doubt Linksys has anything to with this code.

I really doubt Linksys has anything to with this code.

The hardware is Linksys design when Linksys was owned by Cisco. The firmware is further maintained by Cisco, since Linksys is not part of Cisco anymore and Cisco doesn't have any similar hardware developments to replace the aging RV series. What is so hard to understand for you, @coxhaus? :rolleyes:

Some have real issues here. Replying directly to what one is quoting is often helpful to understanding where one is wrong.

Indeed. @coxhaus is still re-thinking the other thread:

This is perhaps one of the last firmware updates for RV34x routers - EOS in 10/2022.
Maybe not as we have been getting an update in the summer. And all this depends on security breaches.

Nice to hear Cisco is running their code as that is what I think also. I use to clone many programs in the old mainframe days before PCs. Just because I started with a program does not mean it was the other program's code running. It was just a shell to save time with redundant code.

Last edited:
I note Cisco has the same boilerplate wording in the release notes as in every other up firmware version:

Most common configuration settings from the older firmware releases are
supported on the new firmware version and are kept intact after upgrading.
However, for optimal performance we recommend resetting the device to factory
default settings, and rebuilding the configuration to accommodate any feature or
firmware behavior changes.

I find two things particularly annoying about this: 1) If you click Yes/Upgrade when you login to the router, or if you have the Automatic Updates feature set to yes, you do not get the reset to factory deafult in the upgrade. And 2) This wording is so general that's it a CYA approach, how about Cisco let's us all know exactly what is less than optimal, and exactly which feature or firmware behavior changes will not be implemented when not taking the reset to default approach.

Last edited:
I think it is double talk to cover their butt. If you upgrade and it does not work then do a factory reset. That is the way I treat it. There was one time they said you had to do a factory reset.

This is exactly the approach I take as well. I do always however have a backup of the configuration.

Oh, wow! This time the level of sophistication is very high indeed:

:rolleyes: