What's new

Solved RX-AX86U Port Forward not working (SOLVED)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ams3401

New Around Here
123123.JPG

Hello, I just switched from a Netgear router to this router today, and immediately after setting it up, I'm faced with an issue.
The ports that were open with the previous router won't open with this Asus router even with the router firewall disabled.
I tried inputting the internal ports (same as external ports) and changed the protocal to TCP, no luck.
(192.168.1.27 is the IP for my Raspberry Pi which has Home Assistant server running)

IMG_5635.png

Here is the port scan result from the App on iPhone. It may not be accurate but it's a fact that I can't access the listed ports even after port fowarding it.
Is this a known issue or is my router defective? Other than this function, everything seems to work fine.

EDIT:
Updating to firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_9318 resolved the issue.

Last edited:
You won’t get a valid result scanning from the LAN side of the router (192.168.1.1). You need to scan your WAN IP. Is 1.1 the default IP of the AX86U or did you have to change it from 50.1 to 1.1?

Another guy was reporting port forwarding problems in this thread:

You won’t get a valid result scanning from the LAN side of the router (192.168.1.1). You need to scan your WAN IP. Is 1.1 the default IP of the AX86U or did you have to change it from 50.1 to 1.1?

Another guy was reporting port forwarding problems in this thread:

My WAN was always 192.168.1.1 and I have a couple of devices that were given a static IP so I just changed the WAN from 192.168.50.1 to 192.168.1.1.
The problem's gone after updating the firmware. Thank you for the input though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!