What's new

sacrifice child?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Elmer

Running 384_12 (latest stable) on an AC88 with Diversion & Skynet with 2GB swap file. Had a crash (early in the morning hours with no load):

kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 2306 (dnsmasq) score 16 or sacrifice child
kernel: Killed process 2307 (dnsmasq) total-vm:1328kB, anon-rss:0kB, file-rss:0kB
kernel: mroute: pending queue full, dropping entries.

Wants to sacrifice child. Is this like Genisis 22:2 for the computer gods? But seriously, I would like to know what is going on here.

Apparently your 2 GB swap wasn't enough (or your swap wasn't working), your router still ran out of memory. dnsmasq itself was using 1.2 GB.

Well considering it's 512M of memory to start with, I'd say swap worked, but what in the heck is dnsmasq doing? Is this some massive memory leak? For now, I'll add another bandaid and reboot once a day (was every other day). Device works great when it works, and I expect I should be tortured (donning my horse hair shirt) for running a bunch of scripts (all through amtm though).

What time exactly did it error? Maybe it coincides with an update process, like downloading a new block list.

I believe you're on to something, thanks. It was 4:01 in the morning and there was chronjob activity just prior. Cleaning house!

Running 384_12 (latest stable) on an AC88 with Diversion & Skynet with 2GB swap file. Had a crash (early in the morning hours with no load):

kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 2306 (dnsmasq) score 16 or sacrifice child
kernel: Killed process 2307 (dnsmasq) total-vm:1328kB, anon-rss:0kB, file-rss:0kB
kernel: mroute: pending queue full, dropping entries.

Wants to sacrifice child. Is this like Genisis 22:2 for the computer gods? But seriously, I would like to know what is going on here.

Running out of memory - so the kernel OOM kills things in turn... Kill the parent, kill the children.

Might be running too many things here for the given resources.

Running out of memory - so the kernel OOM kills things in turn... Kill the parent, kill the children.

Might be running too many things here for the given resources.

Waiting for a sale on the AX88.

You can say that again I had my credit card out and ready

Sorry... they will have those deals again, don’t give up just yet. I keep a close eye on Newegg deals everyday especially around holidays. You may want to consider signing up for their daily emails. I have been getting them for years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry... they will have those deals again, don’t give up just yet. I keep a close eye on Newegg deals everyday especially around holidays. You may want to consider signing up for their daily emails. I have been getting them for years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up I will sign up for the news letter with prices like that who knows what other bargains they have

OMG! Did the router call 911? :D
Couldn't - home phone is internet based (
Thanks for the heads up I will sign up for the news letter with prices like that who knows what other bargains they have
Did you try the B&H link? Mine shipped yesterday. Pretty excited, especially with aimesh in the works.