What's new

Samba Not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SkillfulChihuahua

New Around Here
Greetings, if this post already exists, please point me to it. I didn't find my issue when I was looking.

I'm having issues with Samba showing up in my directory tree (in the file manager). I have enabled share on in my ASUSwrt router with permissions given to a user. But it is not appearing on my devices. It was working but now is not showing on any of my devices (I have Linux and Windows machines). Currently, I have SMBv2 turned on, Simpler share naming turned on, Force as Master Browser turned off, Set as WINS server turned off.

I've been rebooting and resetting my router all day! Any help is super appreciated!

Thanks!

It should work on Windows 10 without enabling SMBv1 since the router firmware includes wsdd2. Make sure Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication services are set to Automatic start and running.

Last edited:
For
Thanks! Actually, it now seems to be working on my Windows machines, but not Linux (current linuxmint)?
For LinuxMint, try rebooting the Mint PC. Nemo file manager doesn't always refresh correctly when the available shares change.
Also, see this page for another change which may help the above....

Last edited:
Hi
For

For LinuxMint, try rebooting the Mint PC. Nemo file manager doesn't always refresh correctly when the available shares change.
Also, see this page for another change which may help the above....

I just tried to reboot my Linux Mint machines (I have two) and neither of them is pulling in the Samba drive. I tried switching to SMBv1 + SMBv2 mode and still no luck. It is working on my Windows box though.