What's new

Samba on RT-AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ryzer82

New Around Here
Hi All,
I have a few questions regarding USB storage on my AC3100. For the last few weeks, everything was working correctly and USB file transfer was very fast. Now, I have a few issues I have not been able to sort out. When I have guest access turned on, after some time, CPU 2 is pegged. 100%. Again, this does not happen immediately, but I know it slows because when trying to access files, it takes minutes to open (on my PC, my Mac is fine). After I turn guest access off, the CPU immediately goes down to regular usage. If turning guest off would resolve the issue, I would leave it as is. The problem when leaving guest access off is I am not allowed to create folders or move items into them unless the folder I want is open and I drag in manually. The only way to create a folder is to login to the router and create them there (the account I have created for login has R/W access, so I do not think it is a permission issue). This is frustrating and time consuming. The only thing I have done is turn off SMB v1 and use SMB v2 for security concerns. I have obviously rebooted my computers and router, but I am out of ideas. Is this a potential firmware bug?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!