What's new

Samba Share RT5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SleazyRider

New Around Here
Hi Guys,

I had a samba share and upnp working for a while, however an update has caused this to completely stop working. I enabled SMBv1 and it worked temporarily.

I wanted to map to my external hard drive so I can add and delete movies without have to keep unplugging etc.

Currently using the standard Asus firmware, I'm just wondering if the merlin firmware with SMBv2 may resolve this issue I am having.

One thing to note, is since the update my PC has also disappeared from the Network section in Windows 10 file explorer, the router also used to appear there and that has disappeared too.

Hope you guys can shed some light on this for me, I have been googling solutions for the past week and none have worked so far...

Almost forgot to mention, I have cloud disk enabled as well.

Cheers

Some observations:

There's no such model as RT5300 so I assume you mean RT-AC5300.
Samba and UPnP are two unrelated things.
Please state the current and previous (working) firmware version numbers. "standard" isn't particularly helpful.
Recent Windows 10 updates disable SMBv1 client support. This will stop Samba shares being visible in Windows Explorer.

Some observations:

There's no such model as RT5300 so I assume you mean RT-AC5300.
Samba and UPnP are two unrelated things.
Please state the current and previous (working) firmware version numbers. "standard" isn't particularly helpful.
Recent Windows 10 updates disable SMBv1 client support. This will stop Samba shares being visible in Windows Explorer.

Hi,

Sorry yes, I meant the RT-AC5300.
Also I am aware that Samba and UPnP are not related, however I have that active so my TV's can also stream content.
What I meant by the standard firmware was the most recent firmware update from ASUS, it was previously working on the same version as well. Ver: 3.0.0.4.384_32799
Yep I activated SMBv1 client support prior as it was working before.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!