What's new

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge & AC87U MU-MIMO Link Rate Drop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Athanasios

Regular Contributor
So according to many sites Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has full support for MU-MIMO how can you tell if its working in MU-MIMO mode with AC87U? With MU-MIMO deactivated S7 was connecting at 836mbs and with MU-MIMO activated its connecting at 433mbs.

Last edited:
So according to many sites Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has full support for MIMO how can you tell if its working in MIMO mode with AC87U? With MIMO deactivated S7 was connecting with 836mbs and with MIMO activated its connecting in 433mbs.
Definitely you mean MU-MIMO. Anyway I have the same question...

I get the same result with the S7 (not edge). Even if it's working, I don't think that a 50% drop in bandwidth is worth the benefits of MU-MIMO so I've left it deactivated for the time being.

This is a "dirty little secret". The 2x2 Broadcom Wi-Fi chipset in the Samsung 7's drops back to 1x1 when used with a MU-MIMO router.

So, the good news is MU-MIMO appears to be working. :)

Disable MU-MIMO on the phone (if you can) or router, if you want your phone's higher connect speed back. Remember, it takes two MU-MIMO devices to see any advantage.

This is a "dirty little secret". The 2x2 Broadcom Wi-Fi chipset in the Samsung 7's drops back to 1x1 when used with a MU-MIMO router

Is this normal?

If its the Broadcom drivers anyone with Nougat can check the linkspeed if its the same?Or any other MUMIMO router to check if its Asus compability problem.

Last edited: