What's new

Samsung Monitor - Error 202

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kushfest

New Around Here
I'm currently using AT&T Fiber with my gateway in IP Passthrough mode and my RT-AC66U-B1 running asus-merlin 386.7. The asus is providing wifi and all routing for my network.

Generally this works great, but my Samsung monitor (LS32BM801UNXGO) is unable to connect to any the Smart Hub features, apps or other internet functions. I can connect to my asus wireless network without issue. I first run in to trouble when it tries to run setup and can't download the terms and conditions, always failing with an error that it can't connect due to maintenance. A check of my internet connection says I'm connected just fine. When I run device care diagnostics on the monitor, the Smart Hub tests fail with an error 202 during the ISP Blocking Test.

All of these issues goes away when I use my phone as a hotspot for the monitor, rather than connect to my asus router. Everything connects fine, so the issue is somewhere in my network. I've found similar issues posted about online but not real resolution. Most info I'm finding seems to point to a general problem with Samsung devices and ASUS/Netgear routers and it seems Samsung is just kind of ignoring the issue. I thought maybe this was the issue where samsung uses the name localhost for the device, confuring routers, but I assigned the monitor a static ip and host name in my LAN settings and that didn't change anything. I've posted on the AT&T forum to see if they have any suggestions, after AT&T support sent me a new gateway that didn't solve the issue. From all reports on the AT&T side, there is no blocking happening.

I've tried all the basics: restarting devices, checking connections, trying different DNS settings, resetting the samsung to factory settings, etc. With all the things that asus-merlin can do, I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for things to try?

Yeah, I've been down as many rabbit holes as I can find. In the case of that link, I am on the newest firmware and my DNS settings are correct. I've tried google and cloudflare without success.

I'm currently trying to figure out the samsung hidden service menu to find any further network settings hah. I saw a vague mention on a forum post i found on google that the fix is a firewall setting in the hidden menu.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!