What's new

Samsung NC10 & Fujitsu P7120

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

balsingh

New Around Here
I read the review of the Samsung NC10 and noticed its placement next to the Fujitsu P7120.

Based on that is an assumption that the reviewer has used BOTH.

Any comments on performance of each machine against each other (ie. compares the Atom N270 1.6 vs Pentium M 753 1.2)

Which was the preferred machine and for what reason?

I also noticed the P7120 keyboard smaller than the NC10. How easy is it to type accurately on the P7120 with smaller key in comparison to the NC10??

Thanks - trying to choose between the NC10 (new) and P7120 (on ebay).

Bal.

The P7120 has been my travel machine for about two years. Fujitsu did a good job with the keyboard, with properly-placed and sized Shift keys and no compressed-width .,/ bottom row keys. Typing requires a little adjustment, but it doesn't take long. You also have to adjust with the Samsung (or any netbook for that matter).

My main problem with the P7120 has been the high screen resolution. The 1280 x 768 10.5" (diagonal) just gets hard to view with long editing sessions, especially for older eyes like mine. As I have said, the combination of 10" screen and 1024 x 600 resolution seems like the ideal combination for viewability.

Two other reasons for making the move from the P7120 are its inability to accept a PCIe WLAN card and lack of Bluetooth. I also use the P7120 in my wireless LAN testing, which has now standardized on the Intel 5300 PCIe client. And the Bluetooth would have come in very handy to use a BT mouse for those long editing sessions.

I didn't use the Samsung NC10 for very long, but don't think performance would be a problem. I like that there is no fan noise on the P7120, something I'm very sensitive to. You also have the option of putting a second (but expensive) battery in the CD Drive bay to extend run time.

How was windows performance between the two processors??

Also, if you didnt like the NC10, which Netbook did you finally settle for?

Cheers for all the info so far ... I think the high res screen on the P7120 has put me off (I'm used to a 15.4in screen at 1280x800 and think the high res of the P7120 will be a bit hard on the eyes)

I didn't notice a significant difference between the two. But I did not use the NC10 as much as I have used the P7120. The P7120 is sometimes a bit slow starting up, but otherwise ok. It has an annoying habit, however, of turning the touchpad tapping back on when waking up from sleep.

I settled on the Dell Mini 12. Trying Out Netbooks: Dell Mini 12

I also have an HP 2140 in. Nice keyboard, but the screen vertical resolution is a deal-killer. I'll have a review on it probably next week.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!